- Confirmation of tour?
- Once your booking has been linked to your MyAccount you will be able to view your reservation and hotels for your tour under the ‘My Bookings’ tab. This will show the address of the meeting location and time. Hotels are subject to change and any changes will be automatically updated in your MyAccount and on our website.
- Do I need to provide Emergency Contact Details?
- Emergency contact details are compulsory and need to be provided before travel documents can be sent. Please update your emergency contacts and update your profile via our MyAccount.
- How do I exchange currency?
Currency can be exchanged at airports or banks. Debit and credit cards are accepted at most bank machines throughout the world. It is advised that you check with your bank prior to departure, to be sure that your cards operate in the destinations you are travelling.
- How much luggage can I bring?
- Porterage for one suitcase on tour is included in the tour price. Due to limited coach capacity and keeping within the guidelines of Occupation Health and safety, we strongly recommend that this single bag should have dimensions not exceeding 76x53x28cm (30"x 21"x 11") and weight not exceeding 22 kg (50 lbs). We do understand that slight variations to these dimensions will occur and provided the variations are only slight, luggage will be accepted on the coach.
Due to limited space on luggage racks in the coach, carry-on bags should not exceed the dimensions of 30x28x14cm (12"x11"x6"). For safety reasons, wheeled carry-on bags are not suitable as hand luggage on motorcoaches and minibuses as these bags can cause damage to persons and property if it falls from the overhead compartments for any reason. A carry-on bag and a handbag will be suitable inside the coach.
- Optional Excursions?
- You can pre purchase selected optional excursions for your cruise through your MyAccount between 90 and 10 days prior to departure, on departures which have been placed onto a 'Guaranteed Departure' status. We do not offer Young Traveller discount on prepaid optional excursions so we recommend that you book and pay optional excursions for children (aged 8-13 years) with the cruise director at the start of the tour. Passengers under 18 years of age will not be able to participate in excursions or activities unless accompanied by an adult. The Company does not provide any child watching services. Many excursions and activities offer discounted pricing to children aged 13 and younger. Please see each excursion’s or activity’s pricing for details. Some excursions require participants to be a certain age to participate in all portions of the excursion (i.e. wine excursions). There are no refunds for those portions of the excursion in which the young traveller cannot participate. The price reflects participation. Optional excursions pre purchased for day 1 (embarkation day) will depart from the meeting location for the cruise. Please refer to My Bookings within the MyAccount portal for the address of the meeting location.
- Passengers travelling with Special Needs and Requirements?
- Avalon Waterways makes reasonable attempts to accommodate the special needs of disabled and mobility impaired travelers but is not responsible in the event it is unable to do so. Because we cannot provide individual assistance to travelers in many situations, and most of our transportation services are not equipped with wheelchair ramps, we recommend that you view our terms & conditions for details and contact us or your travel agent for more information.
- Pre and post accommodation and airport transfers?
- You can add pre/post tour accommodation to your reservation. This price will include breakfast. Please note that hotels are subject to change but by booking your pre accommodation with us this ensures that if the meeting location changes then we will try to change your pre accommodation to the same hotel. On the rare occasion that there is no availability then alternative accommodation will be reserved at a hotel of equivalent standard. If this does occur than the transfer between the hotels will be at our expense. Prices for pre/post accommodation can be found under the DATES/PRICES for your tour and listed at the bottom under Extra Accommodation Prices.
Transfers from the meeting location to the ship on embarkation day is included in the cruise price. Airport transfers can be added your reservation as long as they link in with the start/end dates of your tour or with pre/post tour accommodation booked with us. Please contact your travel agent for airport transfer prices
- Will I require any vaccinations?
We recommend you speak with your travel agent or doctor to find out if vaccinations are required for the countries you will be visiting.
- Bed Configuration?
- European vessels can be configured as either one bed or two separate beds. Unless specified, the default will be two separate beds pushed together with separate bedding. If your preference is for one bed or two separate beds apart, please request this at time of booking. Triple bedding is not available.